- Being “parented” by someone 3 years older than you, even when they mean really well, just because you’re the Mzungu.
- When the power lasts throughout the storm only to go off the minute you step in the bathroom.
- Not sleeping. As in being up and down almost all night, multiple nights in a row AKA ALL WEEK, ugh.
- Trying to explain that in America you lived all by yourself at much younger than you currently are, and quite successfully thankyouverymuch.
- Red Shirt Man in town that literally never wears pants…
- Having 6 spiders living in my bathroom and not even being mad about it cause they eat the mosquitoes. #priorities
- Using scotch tape to cover a hole in my mosquito netting. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- A REAL bath towel and not one of those fancy slick beach towels that never actually dries anything.
- Uganda’s version of unlimited internet- THIS WILL NEVER GET OLD.
- Netflix, see above, enough said.
- Actually sleeping through the night!
- Weekend’s away! Ugandan Waterfalls here we come!
- Dinner dates.
- PIZZA, even if it has pickles on it.
- Being greeted by Donald, one of our youngest running up and grabbing my hand. *Insert all the heart eyed emojis here*
- Lettuce for the second week in a row- SCORE!
- Pretzels + Peanut Butter for breakfast every day the past week.
- Surprise phone dates with friends + family from back home.
- Convincing the lady in the market that I will not be paying Mzungu price for the avocados BYE FELICIA GO WITH GOD.
- Rain making everything green!