March 21, 2017

Driving

OKAY PEOPLE THIS IS NOT A DRILL I DROVE IN UGANDA!
 Insert total excitement and freak out here. We had a van different than our normal school van and it’s automatic- Louis (one of our wonderful drivers- who I spend roughly 50% of all my days with) decided on the Kampala Highway that this was an easy vehicle I needed to drive. WHAT EVEN.

 Okay so very honest moment- immediately it was panic. I’m a rule follower and though technically it’s legal because Uganda accepts my driver’s license as a permit there was some panic because driving laws here are really more of suggestions than laws that are consistently followed. But there I was, on the side of the Kampala Highway climbing into the driver’s seat.

Now if you’re reading this with a little panic in your soul don’t worry Louis is seriously an amazing teacher/instructor/encourager and was more than willing to grab the wheel multiple times if needed.  I also don’t think I’ll make a habit of the driving at least when people are around, which in Uganda is literally everyone. So empty soccer field at school- we’re looking at you as a great practice spot!

Unfortunately I have no video of me actually driving [Louis was very focused and so was I obviously] but here are before and after clips: 




Make sure you're following @locook003 and @savinggraceuganda on instagram to follow along on the daily adventures!

xox.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)