April 8, 2017

What do you want most?

A good while back at the Crusade the Rabbi speaking asked the question: What do you want most tonight?


The answer came to me with a fierceness and tears in my eyes: I want togetherness Jesus. Be close and with me. And isn't that exactly what God wants us to want? He desires to have us draw near and be close more than anything. More than our sin. More than our fears, our hurts, our failures. 




That's such a growth moment. Normally my response would be something like I want tacos and sleep and AC and a pool and my friends and my family and my own space. But I don't need any of those things, though some days it feels like it.
 I need Jesus.
 It's pretty cool when what I want and what I need meet so clearly. 

xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)