June 21, 2018

health + wellness + oil skeptics

I finally decided I wanted to try oils after a year living in Uganda. Mostly because I thought they'd smell good and after living in Uganda I was ready for anything that blew a fresh scent into the breeze. And supposedly they're good for you? Done. I'm in. 

Now I've had them about 6 months and I'm sold. S O L D. I came home from Uganda in some of the best shape of my adult life. But this isn't the story of I was fit then I got oils and we all lived happily ever after. 


Rosemary- for hair growth, good smells, congestion and everything else!

I came home from Uganda started having all the emotions that I'd never in my life dealt with, ate whatever I wanted even if I shouldn't and looked up in November confused about what I'd let happened.

both of these oils are the B E S T for sleep.
For Christmas I basically got my people to give me the young living premium starter kit I'd ordered myself. I'll be honest- I mostly wanted it because I'd heard good things and thought it would make everything smell good, plus diffusers are dreamy which isn't a bad addition right?

As I opened it all Christmas morning I was like a kid in a candy shop. I'd been waiting and waiting. I legit took a sniff of every single one and CRIED. They were so strong. And I wasn't sure I loved the smell. And they were EXPENSIVE. I cried cause I'd wasted money, I cried cause they weren't what I thought. I just cried.

After some playing and mixing and reading and a *ton* of consoling from my momma I decided to give these expensive little bottles a try. 

Aria Diffuser  

Well I have to say I'm sold now. Oils are changing my life and perspective. For a long time I *knew* I should be looking into non-toxic living but had no idea how to go about it or what was "good" to use. Apparently a pretty natural looking label doesn't mean it's healthy- who knew? 

I've seen pain I've had since I was 13 minimize to barely a blip on the radar [read: cramps typically K I L L me but now are manageable after religious use of some of these oils.WHAT EVEN.]

I've seen these oils work on EMOTIONS. And when you live in a house full of girls that is seriously an amazing dream. 

And to think I was 100% skeptical and only got interested cause I like things to smell nice.

Oh and P.S- the smells are no where as strong as when you whiff 'em out of the bottle. Diffuser for the W I N ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)