January 16, 2012

Cure.

Sometimes people are extremely complicated. And life, that's complicated too. Sometimes I'm convinced the best way to handle humanity would be to quit talking to them for a while. Gosh, I'm so thankful God doesn't do that with us. But, I have to say, I think I've discovered a cure.

I'm not gonna lie. Yesterday, I got some news that was needless to say, not so great. If we're being completely honest it was quite upsetting. So of course this morning, I woke up, immediately thought about it and then proceeded to feel it stomach ache and all [stress can really get to a person!]. But I had a thought through all of that nonsense. I once had a friend break-up with her boyfriend and in response she read through the Gospels and focused on reading about Christ's crucifixion for three hours. 3 entire hours. Wowza. Talk about perspective. Nothing can give you more perspective than reading about Christ loving you so much he died for your sins. So that is exactly what I did. Lettme tell you what, as upset as I still am and as much as the emotions will still arrive I can't get that out of my mind. It is something I've heard for years but something that I so easily forget in moments like these. Nothing seems as important when you're reading about your Savior being stoned for crimes he did not commit, but that you did. Perspective in a nutshell. I'm sure this will be happening consistently this week, and I have to say I'm thankful for it.


So, thanks God for sweet reminders.
xoxo, Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)