January 1, 2012

Traditions.

I wish I had taken pictures of today. Today was January 1st. The New Year. In my family this day means family, football, black-eyed peas and rice, and greens for good luck. This is what we do. My best friend's family has a little different take on the holiday. They have "Fry Day". While everyone else is starting the New Year with resolutions to lose weight and be healthy they celebrate Fry day. Which is exactly what it sounds like. You fry lots of things. Basically it is a yummy heart attack just waiting to happen. BUT it is some kind of fun. We fried cheese, zucchini, pickles, chicken, potatoes and they kept it up all night. What an event. Unfortunately my poor little stomach can't handle all that fried yummy goodness. I still think it has some fun merit even if it makes me a little sick haha. I'm just not sure if I'll add it to my list of New Year's traditions to keep forever. We'll have to see.

xoxo, Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)