Living in Uganda provides so many moments for this I can't even.
- Accidentally getting into a conversation on how much people make. Some topics are taboo across all cultures. AWKWARD.
- Standing as the token Mzungu (white person) at the Lira Miracle Crusade and having the town "mad man" come talk to me... multiple times [Don't worry we moved and he left, not to be seen again for the rest of the night].
- Being the Mzungu in any crown. Staring, greetings, weird looks and very random requests always abound.
- Cooking here. Enough said. Especially when they're trying to teach me to cook African style!
- Finding LETTUCE at the market this week. Seriously I could have cried. If you don't believe me let's remember this post from last week.
- Gangsta rap and headphones to listen to it when little ears are around.
- RAIN. RAIN. RAIN.
- Having to wear a sweater to bed because it actually got chilly after the rainy day.
- Guacamole + Salsa with fresh homemade tortilla chips at one of the American Cafes' in town.
- Semi- weekend days with friends + lunch dates!
- My first full night of uninterrupted sleep since I've arrived: it only took 40 days.
- Making friends with Donald.
Happy Awkward + Awesome Tuesday!