Mixing it up this week with an awkward + awesome Tuesday post. I write the blog, I make the rules so Tuesday it is
- Power outages: Every. Damn. Day.
- When the Pastor at church in Uganda calls you out in front of the whole church and you just awkwardly wave cause you weren't paying attention
- When someone refers to you as a "missionary" and you look at them and say "Who me?" Looks of confusion on both sides followed.
- Taking 7 boys shoe shopping all at once. Mom's- you're all rockstars I don't know how you do it!
- Cooking over a charcoal stove.
- Taking an HOUR to warm up food. Not cook, just warm up. #ugandabekiddingme
- Ordering chips and guac at the American cafe in town and then getting French fries and guac served to you. Only then do you remember: it may be an American cafe but this country was previously a British Colony. #americanstruggles
- Getting to visit with our Secondary School Boys.
- Sharing your cucumber with a little one that's never had one... and doesn't know how to sweetly tell you she totally hates it.
- SUCCESSFULLY MAKING PASTA AND HOMEMADE SAUCE. PRAISE HANDS ALL DAY
- Finding fresh herbs at the market!
- Sleepovers with friends.
- FaceTime-ing one of your youths!
- Getting an interview request from an old youth student.
- Rainy days.
- Being absolutely accosted and attacked every time I step into the Preschool grounds- they're so excited to see you it makes every tug and pull worth it.