July 19, 2017

Family

This post is in perfect timing because TODAY my family lands in Uganda. TODAY TODAY TODAY. Life is so so good guys. I may just cry with pure excitement. I’ll be that weird Mzungu at the airport sobbing, don’t mind. 

Left to Right: Auntie Lydia (one of our house moms), Donald, Louis (one of our drivers).




Donald with his best friend Louis.


Lydia, Donald, Louis.
Sometimes family can be unconventional but it’s still just that- family. This is a picture of Donald, our youngest one at SGU with Lydia, his house mom and Louis our driver. If Donald and Louis are both hanging around in the village you can absolutely guarantee that Donald is less than five feet from Louis. Donald LOVES Louis. LOVES HIM. I would even go as far to say that Louis is Donald’s favorite human. While we were at the Lira Miracle Crusade in a crowd of thousands, I looked up to notice Donald missing from where he was standing in front of me. Of course the teacher in me started immediately panicking. As I turned around with a hint of panic in my soul I saw Louis nearly back at the bus to drop something off with Donald trailing behind him. Donald would follow Louis just about anywhere.  As they headed back towards us Donald reached for the hands of Lydia and Louis showing that family here at SGU is surely not conventional but it is absolutely family.

Friends at Saving Grace Primary School.

Miriam teaching Hannah to Dance.


Stephen with Val.


The boys with Deborah.


Deborah + Suzanne passing out lego cars.


Bella + Peter Dancing.


Val + Suzanne as Peter's family for his Engagement Ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)