Absolutely beautiful. And makes me realize my significance in the world. God is Great and I am small. He can take care of everything, if only I let Him. If only I let Him.
April 24, 2011
April 21, 2011
- When everyone in the office is mad at someone else... and they all tell you about it.Suuhhhweet.
- When you teach an art lesson to a 3-year old. And he BEATS me. As in punches and slaps me. Children-1, Me-0.
- Having awkward things happen all week and mentally saying "This is soooo awkward! I have to remember this for Thursday's post!!" And then forgetting them. ALL of them.
- One. More. Week.
- Movie Night's with awesome people.
- Almost being done with this semester! So good it's up here twice.
- Best friends who make plans to go to the pool with you and then come sit with you instead when you don't feel good.
April 18, 2011
April 15, 2011
It's about time we did another awkward and awesome around here.
1. Teaching a 4-year old about art. And then getting punched by him. Thankyouverymuch you are NOT welcome.
2. Wearing pajamas that match. So what I'm 20 and not 3. I am cool.
3. walking past someone you know on campus and not saying hello. Why yes I see you but how's about you pretend you don't see me by avoiding eye-contact. Suhweet.
4. Standing in our main plaza on campus and having some guy yell about industrial parts. Sir, no one knows what you are talking about. So please, shhh.
1. Getting to have a short 30-minute break with one of my lovely friends who is getting married in 25 days! ekkkkkk!
2. Sleeping in on a "school day" even though I don't have classes.
3. Going to a 3-hour class this week and having it only last 30 minutes. WIN.
4. Painting your nails red.
5. Waking up and reading lovely captivating books [The Hunger Games] instead of getting up and being productive.
6. Going to surprise my little sissy tomorrow for her Senior Night! Ahhhhhhhhh! I'm so excited I could jump up on my bed!
7. Jumping on your bed.
April 13, 2011
April 9, 2011
So I'm in a serious funk. For real. I can't seem to break out it. The lovely momma dedicates this funk to finals which are (unfortunately) approaching rather quickly. And this funk was probably not made better by the fact that I had to skip going to Bob's River place with some absolutely wonderful people to work on a huge project. Bleh.
The good news is that I got to do this project with a lovely friend which made the whole thing bearable to say the least. Here's a few snapshots from the evening. So it's not Bob's riverplace [and I'm still not super happy I missed it] but on some level it felt good to be productive. Here's some views from our studying spot :)
["Can you see me peepin'?!"]
Now here's a question.. what do you guys do to get out of a funk? Any suggestions?
April 5, 2011
Okay here's some nitty gritty truth.
Sometimes I feel absolutely hopeless. If we're being frank with one another, I am a fixer. I like to fix things. If my friends are struggling, I like to be able to help them fix it. But here's the catch: I'm not Christ. I'm not a Savior. I can't fix people. It's not my job. And sometimes? It breaks my heart. I'm heartbroken not knowing how to help. I want to give out hugs and just make the world okay but that's not always possible. And so here I am, sitting at my desk on a Tuesday night, nearly in tears with my bible spread open listening to this song on constant repeat, trying to turn all the stress, worry, and concern over to God. That's all you can do sometimes, turn it over to God. But that can be a struggle, especially if you just want to tell a person and get a hug. But here's to telling God, the true Savior and fixer of the world.
God, You're AWESOME. And thanks.
"You can always tell a real friend; when you've made a fool of yourself, he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job." - Laurence Sterne
If only my best friend's name was Autumn... well either way I love her. And I owe you real posts. Tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. Happy Tuesday :)