June 29, 2017

Give Thanks.

Our God is so so good to us. He’s so good to us that sometimes, sometimes, we start to forget that we need to lean exclusively on Him. Subconsciously we start to think, oh I’ve got it, I can handle the things. I can do the things!

But as most of us probably know we don’t have it. We need Him. We know that. But sometimes we need a little reminder. We're forgetful people.

When we’re in rough situations it’s easy to reach out because IT IS NOT GOING WELL obviously.

But when it’s just going along sometimes it’s harder. It’s harder to see Him working or to gather what we should be learning. It’s easier to forget that we need Him for everything, even our next breath.

IF: Equip put out a study a while ago called, Enjoying Jesus, (seriously go check it out). The focus for part of it was Matthew 11:28-30.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. - NIV

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly. - MSG

One of the things they said as it focused on these verses was that Jesus lived a majority of his life like we do. In a daily routine, a humdrum existence. I’ve never thought of it like that. Jesus walked and lived life very routinely until he was in his 30’s, we’ve heard that. But the fact that he walked in a “humdrum existence”. This BLEW my mind. I’m not sure why. Life is hard. And good. And some days it’s just really boring, doing the things that need to happen, doing the work, making the food and just living life.

Jesus modeled for us how to exist in life, even the parts that are a "humdrum existence". He calls us to do what is fair and just to our neighbors, be compassionate and loyal in our love, and not to take ourselves too seriously- take Him seriously. (Micah 6:8 MSG)

So that's what we do. Love God. Love People.


SGU June 2017

SGU June 2017

Emmanuel June 2017

Emmanuel June 2017

Emmanuel + Daniel June 2017

Homework Club June 2017

Primary Two June 2017

Thankful for a Lord who loves me enough to remind me of this, sometimes constantly. What can I say, life's hard people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)