August 8, 2017

Awkward + Awesome

Awkward:
  • Saying farewell to my family and then ugly crying all the way back to the North. Six hours and all people. 
  • On today's episode of WTF Uganda we have.... Peeing in a hole that has no toilet paper but does have a toilet brush in every stall. Seriously WTF Uganda. 
  • When your ride leaves you at work when it's time to go home...
  • Having a baby sitter (or what feels like one) as you wander around. 
  • When you're in your fancy glamping safari tent and a Gecko appears to shower with you. 
  • A rat crawling across the floor of your bedroom so obviously you trap it in the bathroom using peppermint oil (cause google says they hate it and GOOGLE KNOWS ALL OKAY) and half a can of bug spray. I WAS WORKING WITH WHAT I HAD PEOPLE. [Sidenote: it died that night HOORAY! Shoutout to the guard who came in all brave cause Lord knows that was not me I trapped it people that's my role]. 

Awesome:
  • A family that's willing to come spend two weeks in the middle of Africa with me!
  • A lovely safari + early birthday celebrations!
  • An awesome birthday full of fun + a little bit of America.
  • Having family that I'm so close to we can communicate about all the awkward things with just a look. SO SWEET I TELL YOU. 
  • A God that so knows my heart He set up a safe place to spend ushering in year 27.
  • A roomie that celebrates birthday's like a boss, is excited about cooking and wants to eat cookies and stare at the stars with me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love :)